AGEC 425 Guidance & Coaching
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER / Pitch Examples from Past Coaching Sessions
Howdy! Hey, I'm curious: what stood out from our conversation for you? What did you hear that seemed most interesting? Anything that's still unclear?
The video below will show you examples of pitches - including work from past AGEC 425 students, a A&M PhD student from Wales (her name is Chloe and she helps people make beer), some non-A&M students from my top-secret coaching vault... and more. You will be able to see all of the elements we discussed in class. Below the video is a useful checklist, to help you craft your pitch. Hope this helps!
Which one of the four framers is the best fit for you? Here they are:
- Have you ever noticed...?
- You know how...?
- I'll never forget the time when...
- Doesn't it seem like...?
Or, did you have other ideas for opening your pitch? Some of the examples have some variations - did you notice? Things like: "Picture this" or "I want to give you something to think about..."
- What's your high concept - the overall theme or idea that expresses something we all recognize, know and want?
What is it about your business idea that is:
- INNOVATIVE or
What did you hear in the examples that was unexpected or surprising? What made you say, "Tell me more..."? Which pitch was the most interesting for you - and why? What made that pitch the most intriguing? Which presenter seemed to be the most comfortable? Or did they all seem to be "at ease" in their pitches?
Can you use these phrases to advance your story:
- "What would it mean to you if...?"
- "Wouldn't it be great if...?"
- "Imagine _________ "
Who sits in the empty chair, when it comes to your business idea?
What's an invitation that might make sense for your pitch? Is there anything you would like people to do when you are done? What would be a logical next step, assuming your pitch is inspiring on some level? Maybe there's something you can ask for, around your business idea!
What's the "one word story" that could help people to easily and clearly understand your message?
Examples of one-word stories (there are lots more, these are just a few):
- Peace of Mind
- The 12th Man
Are you curious about what coaching is really like? Touch base with Amber Sells or Alex Asplint or anyone else who has worked with me and they can give you some insights. Keep your eyes and mind open to new ideas as they show up...because they will!
Best of luck on your journey - I look forward to reconnecting with each of you! Need to send me a message? Got a question? Discover that you aren't clear around the concept of the empty chair? Use the contact form down there in the lower right hand corner - under "Leave Your Details" - and shoot me a note. Talk soon!
HOW TO CREATE A PITCH VIDEO using ZOOM, Google Slides and Your Surroundings
Howdy. My name's Chris. How's life treating you?
I'm here to help you access world-class presentation skills, sharing your ideas with confidence and ease. It's like a game, really - and anyone can play. I'll show you how - you'll love it. You're probably already pretty good at it. We will meet on February 15th to talk about what makes a great pitch. But first, watch this video and download the worksheet down below.
THE PUNCH LIST - A Step By Step Guide to Setting Up Your Video Shoot
Please REVIEW THIS DOCUMENT and MAKE SURE YOU USE THIS CHECKLIST
Here's what we're going to talk about on the 15th of February:
- What's the difference between a presentation and a pitch?
- What makes a great pitch? Where do you open? How do you close? Story strategy!
- How can you be confident, clear and compelling in your video message?
- Lots more stuff, plus whatever questions you've got! It's interactive and you will be working in small groups - so bring all your ideas!
Then, we will work together in one-on-one coaching sessions, via zoom. Coaching is a safe space, where you can share your questions and concerns. We will work together to help you to give the best pitch you possibly can. I'm here to help you succeed! Ready to make some new discoveries? I hope so.
- Please find me on Instagram, Twitter, and especially YouTube.
- You can see a lot of content on my YouTube channel that can help you with confidence, communication skills, and more!
- If you've got questions, you can hit me through that contact box down there in the right hand corner. Select "leave your details" and shoot me an email. Talk soon!